Kona Pacific Public Charter School – Join Our Team!
Cultivating Community Health, Growing Healthy Children
POSITION: Student Records Coordinator
Kona Pacific Public Charter School on Hawai’i Island seeks a cheerful, capable individual to serve in our front office as Student Records Coordinator.
Well-qualified candidates will have previous clerical experience at a Hawaii public and/or charter school, some familiarity with Waldorf education, and experience with interactions with children and parents in a school setting. This position includes some administrative support for the school’s operations leader as well as a variety of important record-keeping and office functions.
Our school serves a beautifully diverse population in Hawaii. Each student at Kona Pacific is inspired to a high level of academic excellence, enthusiasm for learning, a healthy self-awareness, interest and concern for others, and respect for the natural world. We highly value collaboration, teamwork and mutual respect among our students and between our colleagues.
We are located in the district of Kona, which is on the beautiful west side of the island. Our campus is blessed to be on 38 acres of land with a diverse forest playground, farmland and school gardens. The avocados, citrus, and bananas are bountiful. The Pacific Ocean is visible from our campus, which is made up of separate buildings placed around our central green piko.
Another unique feature of our school is its commitment to supporting our children and our community with dynamic farm-to-school and nutrition programs. We are widely recognized as leaders in the state of Hawaii in the field of child nutrition, and the school also operates a community foodservice. We are in the process of constructing a new $1.2 million kitchen that will house both our foodservice and a value-added kitchen in which local farmers can produce an array of finished products from their crops.
Our education program weaves together three strands of learning: Waldorf education, Hawaiian cultural knowledge, and sustainable agriculture.
We are in our ninth school year, with 230 students K-8, and a staff of 40.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience
• Prior experience working in Hawaii public or charter schools
• Experience with Infinite Campus
• Familiarity with office practices and procedures
• Detail oriented
• Excellent writing and typing skills
• Exceptional telephone communication skills
• Some understanding of relevant Department of Education and other state agency rules and requirements
• High comfort level with children is required
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, and Excel are necessary
• Personality should project enthusiasm, professionalism, and a high level of credibility
• Display a positive, cheerful, can-do attitude at all times
• Open-minded and able to work collaboratively and cooperatively
• Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures
• Commitment to getting the job done right, by following established policies and procedures
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Must have a strong personal value system that encompasses high integrity and honesty
• Enjoys working with an evolving vision toward community and global impact, while at the same time ensuring daily excellence on campus.
• Understanding of, appreciation for, and commitment to the school’s core values.
• Experience with functioning successfully in diverse, multicultural environments and a genuine appreciation and respect for the diverse peoples of Hawai`i.
Requires US citizenship, or valid work visa.
Start Date ASAP
Compensation: Salary commensurate with relevant work experience. Generous state benefits, including health care, pension, and life insurance.
Deadline: Recruitment is open until the position is filled.
Contact: We appreciate receiving applications via email, though we will accept faxes at (808) 322-4906. Please indicate your full name in the subject line of the email. You will be contacted by a member of the hiring committee if we are interested in pursuing your application.