Join Our Team!
Educating Whole Children, Cultivating Community Health
Kona Pacific Public Charter School is currently recruiting for the positions listed below. Please scroll down to read the full job posting for each position.
Kona Pacific is a public Waldorf charter school located on the beautiful west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Our school, which opened in 2008, has an enrollment of 215 students in two kindergartens and grades 1—8. Our public Waldorf curriculum currently includes Art, Movement, and Gardening. The three strands of our vision encompass Waldorf pedagogy, Hawaiian culture, and agriculture. We seek colleagues who will join us in this worthwhile work.
The west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii, the southernmost of the eight Hawaiian islands, and containing the southernmost point of the 50 U.S. states, is renowned for its stunning natural beauty of both land and ocean, mountains and valleys, cloud forests and beaches. The living here is still slow-paced and friendly, reflecting the spirit of Aloha that is at the heart of the island experience. The Big Island is well-named, as its land size is larger than that of the other seven Hawaiian islands combined. The climate is tropical and warm, in the 70s and 80s most days, year-round. The west coast of the Big Island is the dry side of the island, meaning that we have a wet season and a dry one. Our beautiful campus, with grassy slopes and bamboo groves, woods and playing fields, and splendid vistas of the Pacific Ocean, sits on the slope of Mauna Loa. We are a rural school serving a historically agricultural area.
Educational Assistant - Kona Pacific Public Charter School (Kealakekua)
employment type: Full Time
Position Overview/General Description
The role of an Educational Assistant (EA) is to:
• Actively support all students to a balanced school curriculum.
• Support departments by taking on practical roles of responsibility for administrative, managerial and auditing activities.
• Join and work cohesively within a highly motivated and professional group of teachers.
• Communicate effectively with support staff.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Main Accountabilities Support for Learning and Teaching
• Assist in the educational and social development of pupils.
• Assist in the implementation and planning of classroom education programs for students and the monitoring of students’ academic progress.
• Support students in classes including all academic subjects and all aspects of PE including swimming and field sports.
• Work with students individually and in small groups providing extension and intervention activities to students.
• Assist in the maintaining of student records.
• Prepare and present displays of students' work. Teachers will make professional decisions in determining what material is displayed.
• Support teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support Learning and Teaching
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the teachers / office managers require including: collecting money; copy typing and Inputting student data; producing class lists; record keeping, filing; collating material; stocktaking; cataloguing, preparing, issuing and maintaining equipment and materials, and ordering supplies and equipment.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Support the aims and ethos of the School and Department by behaviors which display concern for the student as a whole person, tact, discretion, confidentiality and the willingness to work as a member of a team.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Work collaboratively with teachers.
• Attend team and staff meetings as requested
• Undertake duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Pedagogical Director or Executive Director.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Education Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Some college; associateʻs degree is preferred.
• Experience working with students
• Must successfully pass a background check prior to first day of employment
• TB clearance prior to first date of employment
• First Aid/CPR certification prior to first date of employment
• Must be a US citizen or have a valid work visa
Kona Pacific Public Charter School in Kealakekua seeks substitute teachers for grades Kindergarten through 8.
We are looking for individuals who are flexible, enjoy learning new things, are willing to rise to meet challenges, and love working with children.
Minimum Qualifications: Teaching license or state certification to substitute teach, and attendance at a Kona Pacific Public Charter School Substitute Orientation.
Please email the school: email@example.com, or call at 808-322-4900 if you are interested.