Kona Pacific Public Charter School
Join Our Team!
Educating Whole Children, Cultivating Community Health
Kona Pacific Public Charter School is currently recruiting for the positions listed below. Please scroll down to read the full job posting for each position.
Kona Pacific is a public Waldorf charter school located on the beautiful west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Our school, which opened in 2008, has an enrollment of 205 students in two kindergartens and grades 1—8. Our public Waldorf curriculum currently includes Art, Movement, and Gardening. The three strands of our vision encompass Waldorf pedagogy, Hawaiian culture, and agriculture. We seek colleagues who will join us in this worthwhile work.
The west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii, the southernmost of the eight Hawaiian islands, and containing the southernmost point of the 50 U.S. states, is renowned for its stunning natural beauty of both land and ocean, mountains and valleys, cloud forests and beaches. The living here is still slow-paced and friendly, reflecting the spirit of Aloha that is at the heart of the island experience. The Big Island is well-named, as its land size is larger than that of the other seven Hawaiian islands combined. The climate is tropical and warm, in the 70s and 80s most days, year-round. The west coast of the Big Island is the dry side of the island, meaning that we have a wet season and a dry one. Our beautiful campus, with grassy slopes and bamboo groves, woods and playing fields, and splendid vistas of the Pacific Ocean, sits on the slope of Mauna Loa. We are a rural school serving a historically agricultural area.
Student Records Coordinator
Kona Pacific Public Charter School is seeking a Student Records Coordinator for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Student Records Coordinator is the data and student information specialist at the school. As such, this person is responsible for maintaining impeccable student information data and record keeping, assisting with school operations, and supporting teaching and learning by providing data to make informed decisions. Specifically, the Student Records Coordinator works closely with the Operations & Administration Teams to ensure the school’s student information is accurate, compliant, and actionable. Additionally, this person will support a welcoming, neat and organized office environment and function as the secondary contact person for the school.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, AA or BA preferred.
• 2-3 years of clerical work strongly preferred
• Ability to work with students in an academic or recreational setting
• Some training/experience using student information systems
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all staff and board members
• Proficiency in working with Google Suite
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Detail-oriented, excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
• Positive energy and the ability to be a strong role model for students
• Must be a US citizen or have a valid work visa
• Must provide TB Clearance prior to first date of employment
• CPR Certification prior to first date of employment
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities available upon request.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 2 Class Teacher
Our wonderful current 1st grade class of 26 vibrant children awaits their class teacher who will lead them on the journey of their learning adventure through the grades beginning next year in 2nd grade. We seek a competent, caring and creative teacher to join our dynamic faculty and be the loving authority and inspired teacher for the students in 2nd grade and beyond. We offer a competitive public school teacher salary with annual step increases, and a benefits package that includes paid sick and personal leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, and the Hawaii Employee’s Retirement System.
Class Teacher qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with an education-related major
- Hawaii teaching license or permit required prior to the start of the school year (a permit can be obtained during the summer)
- Waldorf teaching certification or commitment to enroll in an approved training program (preferred)
- Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
Please submit to email@example.com:
1) Professional resume 2) Letter of interest 3) Short biography
Application timeline: Open until filled
We are looking for individuals who are flexible, enjoy learning new things, are willing to rise to meet challenges, and love working with children.
Minimum Qualifications: Teaching license or state certification to substitute teach, and attendance at a Kona Pacific Public Charter School Substitute Orientation.
Please email the school: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 808-322-4900 if you are interested.